National Summative Evaluation of the Gas Tax Fund and Public Transit Fund - 4.0 Conclusions
Based on the joint evaluation reports and on the findings of this National Summative Evaluation, the following conclusions can be drawn:
- The GTF and PTF programs are relevant:
- They have responded to a demonstrable and continued need.
- The program objectives align with federal, provincial, territorial, and municipal investment priorities.
- The shared responsibility and the accountability framework align with federal, provincial, territorial, and municipal roles and responsibilities.
- Program flexibility is a valued asset for all stakeholders.
- Funding predictability is a key component for sustainable infrastructure investment.
- The GTF and PTF programs have demonstrated effectiveness in achieving expected outcomes:
- Intergovernmental collaboration has been fostered through the GTF program.
- Capital spending commitments by all parties are likely to be met.
- The GTF program has contributed to improve municipal planning capacity.
- Communications of the programs’ results needs to be improved.
- Management of the GTF and PTF programs has been efficient:
- Up-front funding objectives have been met.
- Administration of the programs has been cost-effective.
- Date modified: