New Bridge for the St. Lawrence - Federal Environmental Assessment
The environmental assessment consists of a planning process to assess the project's impact on the environment and to propose measures to mitigate those effects. Throughout the analysis, the bridge conception and construction techniques will be examined to allow decision making that respects the environment and the community.
Open houses on the Environmental Assessment
The twelve open house sessions that took place in December 2012 and April 2013 in Brossard, l'île des Soeurs and the districts of the south-west and Verdun of Montréal, allowed officials from numerous federal departments implicated in the environmental assessment to meet and engage with the public on different aspects of the project and environment. These events also allowed member of the public to provide written comments on site. These constructive comments have been taken into account by the federal government and have strengthened the environmental assessment.
Publications available through the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency Registry:
- October 2, 2013 - Environmental Assessment, Screening Report - August 2013
- October 2, 2013 - Environmental Assessment, Part II, Sections 5 to 13, Assessment of Effects and Mitigation Measures, Final Version - August 2013
- October 2, 2013 - Environmental Assessment, Summary Report, Assessment of Effects and Mitigation Measures - August 2013
- October 2, 2013 - Comments provided by the public as part of the Environmental Assessment- August 2013
- April 17, 2013 - Comments provided by the public as part of the Environmental Assessment
- April 2, 2013 - Part II of the environmental assessment report (draft)
- April 2, 2013 - Part I of the environmental assessment report (final version)
- November 16, 2012 - Part I of the environmental assessment report (draft)
- July 16, 2012 - Final Environmental Assessment Guidelines (including the Scope of the Environmental Assessment)
- March 15, 2012 - Public Participation Notice
- March 15, 2012 - Draft Environmental Assessment Guidelines (including the Scope of the Environmental Assessment)
- January 22, 2012 - Notice of Commencement of an Environmental Assessment
Publications available under MERX:
- April 23, 2012 - The federal environmental assessment contract has been awarded
For more information about environmental assessments, visit the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency web site.
- Date modified: