Canada Infrastructure Bank
The Minister of Infrastructure and Communities is the responsible Minister for the Canada Infrastructure Bank.
The Canada Infrastructure Bank is a new Crown corporation that operates at arm's length from government and is governed by a Board of Directors. The Bank will be responsive and accountable to the Government and Parliament through the Minister of Infrastructure and Communities.
As part of the Government of Canada's historic Investing in Canada plan, the Canada Infrastructure Bank was announced as an additional tool that provincial, territorial, municipal and Indigenous partners can use to build infrastructure across Canada. The projects the Bank invests in will contribute to our long-term economic growth and support the creation of good, well-paying jobs for the middle class.
The Bank will use federal support to attract private sector and institutional investment to new revenue-generating infrastructure projects that are in the public interest. By leveraging the capital and expertise of the private sector, the Bank will help public dollars go further and keep our grant dollars for those projects that are more appropriate for traditional grant funding mechanisms.
The Canada Infrastructure Bank will invest $35 billion from the federal government into infrastructure projects. $15 billion is sourced from the over $180 billion Investing in Canada infrastructure plan, including:
- $5 billion for public transit systems;
- $5 billion for trade and transportation corridors; and,
- $5 billion for green infrastructure projects, including those that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, deliver clean air and safe water systems, and promote renewable power.
- Canada Infrastructure Bank Website
- Canada Infrastructure Bank Act
- Statement of Priorities and Accountabilities – Canada Infrastructure Bank
- Statement from the Minister of Infrastructure and Communities regarding the Canada Infrastructure Bank
- Canada Infrastructure Bank invests in Réseau express métropolitain project with $1.28 billion, 15-year loan
- Government of Canada announces President and Chief Executive Officer for the Canada Infrastructure Bank
- Canada Infrastructure Bank names Bruno Guilmette interim Chief Investment Officer
- Government of Canada announces Inaugural Board of Directors for the Canada Infrastructure Bank
- Government of Canada announces inaugural Chairperson of the Board for the Canada Infrastructure Bank
- Government of Canada launches Leadership Search for the Canada Infrastructure Bank
- Date modified: