Transport, Infrastructure and Communities Portfolio
Infrastructure Canada is part of the Transport, Infrastructure and Communities (TIC) Portfolio. The Portfolio is made up of government organizations that share similar issues and concerns. Together, they work to:
- make our economy stronger;
- build stronger and safer communities;
- protect the environment; and
- keep our transportation system safe and secure.
By working together and moving forward with a shared vision, these organizations can better serve Canadians.
Infrastructure Canada works within the Portfolio to address Canada's public infrastructure needs. Investments in rural and urban communities have made a difference by providing Canadians with cleaner drinking water, safer roads and improved recreational facilities.
The TIC Portfolio reports to Parliament through the Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities. In addition to Infrastructure Canada and Transport Canada, the Portfolio includes:
- 11 Crown Corporations
- the Canadian Transportation Agency, the Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada and the Ship-source Oil Pollution Fund
- 17 Port Authorities
- 21 Airport Authorities, as well as shared governance organizations that include:
- the Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority
- NAV CANADA
- the Oshawa Harbour Commission
- the St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation
For an overview of the organizations that are part of the Transport, Infrastructure and Communities Portfolio, click on the chart below.
View the text version of the portfolio overview.
- Date modified: